Since posting my review of the popular KitchenAid Pasta Attachment and the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment, I have found there are a lot of people wondering if these add-ons are compatible with their model of stand mixer.
It is a reasonable concern. No one wants to have their heart set on adding a mixer attachment to their kitchen collection only to find out that they can’t use it with their machine.
Well, here a few things that I have learned about the compatibility of these accessories:
- According to the KitchenAid website, the attachments will work on all KitchenAid stand mixers that were purchased after 1999. So if your stand mixer is over 12 years old, there is a good chance that they will not fit with your machine.
- However, when I was reading through forum postings and reviews of the pasta and ice cream attachments, I read lots of reviews from people who had 20 year old stand mixers and they claimed that the attachments fit just fine.
- My best piece of advice is, if you aren’t sure if the add-ons will fit your model; call the KitchenAid customer service line (1-800-541-6390). Ask them specifically about your model and the attachment you are interested in purchasing.
It also appears that some KitchenAid stand mixer attachments may not compatible with models sold outside of North America. If this applies to you, there are a couple of options.
- You could, of course, buy a new stand mixer from a North American manufacturer. This would ensure that any accessories you want to buy in the future will fit perfectly. Most online retailers ship internationally so this would be very easy to do.
- The second option is to purchase the attachment you want from Canada or the U.S. and then purchase an adapter that is sold separately. These adapters are available from many countries outside of North America and they allow you to use the KitchenAid stand mixer attachments with any model.
- Although this may sound like it would be more expensive, many reviewers from overseas claim that buying the pasta roller or ice cream maker through Amazon.com and then purchasing the adapter separately was still less expensive than buying the attachments directly from their home country.
If you aren’t sure about the compatibility of your stand mixer with these amazing mixer attachments, it is best to do your homework before making a purchase. You don’t want to miss out on the incredible versatility and ultimate convenience that these accessories have to offer.