If you are a new Mom and are considering making homemade baby food for your wee one then you are probably wondering what type of machine you need to do it. There are so many different kinds of appliances out there that it can be hard to decide which one is worth buying. In my humble opinion, the best choice for new Moms is to use a food processor for baby food.
Here are several reasons why a food processor is the perfect choice for making baby food:
- The large capacity bowl means you can make bigger batches of baby food at one time (perfect for freezing).
- The variety of different blades that come with a food processor means you can slice, dice, chop and puree almost any food you can imagine.
- The pulse feature allows you to keep food chunkier as your baby grows and can eat more solid textures.
- Sharp food processor blades can even grind up the all-important whole grains to add to your baby’s diet.
- You can use a food processor in your kitchen for cooking and baking everyday food for the rest of your family as well.
- The wide mouth bowl makes it easy to remove the blades and clean up when you’re done. Most food processor bowls and accessories are dishwasher safe – love that!
When I first started making my own baby food, I used a blender. It worked okay, but here are a few frustrations I had along the way:
- Blenders are really designed to liquefy so it was difficult to make baby food with a thicker consistency.
- The narrow base of the blender makes it difficult to get the food out after it is pureed and it can also be hard to clean.
- Although a blender looks like it has a large capacity, it doesn’t lend itself well to making large batches of baby food at one time.
- I like appliances that offer me a lot of versatility in the kitchen and blenders don’t really have many other functions – other than milkshakes and smoothies however, which I adore!
So the answer is yes… you can use a food processor for baby food and in fact, it is probably the best choice you can make. Give a food processor a “whirl” – you’ll love it!
If you don’t already have one, be sure to read my review of the Cuisinart 7 Cup Food Processor. It would be the perfect choice for making baby food.